For more information on Bharat Sikka visit: bharatsikka.com. See more of Bharat's work at mattershow.com
Bharat Sikka moved from India to New York to pursue his career in photography and to study at Parsons School of Design. He earned his BFA in photography and since then has been shooting for magazines such as ID and Details. He also featured as one of PDNs choices for emerging photographers in their March 2002 issue. Julian Meijer took him on in September, 2001 and says, "There is a thin line between art and photojournalism. His humanity is the strength of his work. It is what I hope people see in his pictures." -PDN March 2002.
Sikka takes a fine art approach to portrait photography. His portfolio consists of environmental portraits of Indian men, as well as other artists such as Moby, Carla Bruni and Beth Orton. Editorial clients include Vanity Fair US, Vogue India, Another Magazine, Time Magazine, Vogue Homme International, Marie-Claire Italy, Details, ID, Trace, Stiletto, ICON and Wallpaper. His advertising work is featured in the Incredible India, Gateway Hotels, Air France, Hyundai, Reebok and Bergdorf Goodman campaigns.
Bharat Sikka lives between India and Europe.
- - 2012 "Looking for Nyamu" Lalit Kala Akadami, New Delhi
- - 2012 "The Matter Within" YBCA Buena Center for the Arts, San Fransisco
- - 2011 "The Generation In Transition" at Zacheta National Gallery Of Art, Warsaw, Poland
- - 2011 "Matter" at Nature Morte Gallery, Berlin
- - 2010 "Where Three Dreams Cross" at the Whitechapel Gallery, London
- - 2009 "Republic of Illusions" at the Krinzinger Galerie, Vienna
- - 2009 "The Road to Salvador Do Mundo" at Nature Morte Gallery in Delhi
- -2009 Auction at Phillips de Pury in London
- - 2008 Nature Morte gallery India
- - 2008 Place des Invalides, Paris: TARN ET GARONNE lanscapes and portraits
- - 2008 entry in the Neuflize VIE Collection for photography PARIS (portraits)
- - 2008 "National Museum", New Delhi, India
- - 2008 "Indian Men", Otto Zoo, Milan
- - 2008 "Space In Between" Chatterjee & Lal
- - 2008 "Otto Zoo", Milan, Italy
- - 2008 1x1 Gallery, Dubai
- - 2007 "SPACE IN BETWEEN" at Le festival des rencontres d'Arles
- - 2007 Primo Marella Gallery (Milan)
- - 2006 "MAHARAJAS" at the Espace Louis Vuitton in Paris
- - 2006 "BOMBAYERS DE LILLE" at LILLE 3000.
- - 2005 "INDIAN MEN" at the Valerie Cueto Gallery in Paris
- - 2003 Solo show at Artists Place in NYC "INDIAN MEN"